The Office Administrator is responsible for all financial transitions and accurate record keeping, as well as general administration. The Office Administrator will be responsible for in-house banking, camper arrival and departure process, administering policies and procedures, working closely with the camp director to administer the petty cash system.
The Office Administrator reports directly to the Camp Director and to Head Office, and works in collaboration with the Camp Administrative team including Coordinators, Counsellors, Instructors and support staff. This position is not a supervisory role.
- Undergraduate degree or relevant general accounting course work or experience desired
- Experience with accounting software such as Microsoft Money, Quicken or Quickbooks
- MS Office experience (advances excel and word) and knowledge of financial processing procedures
- Ability to maintain accurate records and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills, ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities and to meet deadlines
- Prior experience working with or supervising children
- Must hold a valid unrestricted driving license
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive issues with tact and discretion.
- General administration and reception duties
- Submit final report & inventories of supplies at the end of the summer
- Performs other duties as needed
- Inputting all relevant information into a computer database program
- Management and delivery of all camper mail, emails & faxes
- Maintain safe storage of all vital documents and monies
- Produce reports as instructed by Head Office
- Be involved in the program when needed
- Assist in set up and closing of the camp location, including setup and re stocking & packing
- Camper Arrival & Departure Procedures
- Responsible for the collection, storage and return of all vital documents such as passports and airline tickets
- Administering intake processes
- Responsible for reporting all 'no show' campers or group leaders to the Head Office
- Collecting & refunding damage deposits
- Preparing all camper departure materials
- Maintain accurate petty cash records and file all receipts with Head Office
- Organization of the camper banking system, including carrying out two camper banking days per week.
- Maintain all camper banking records, spreadsheets etc.
- Prepare final banking information for departing students