The On Campus Coordinator is responsible for all on campus activities including evening programs, daily activity logistics and Sunday Options . This position also involves overseeing the staff and ensuring that the camp program is delivered accurately and effectively.
The On Campus Coordinator reports directly to the Camp Director and to Head Office, and works in collaboration with the Camp Administrative team including other Coordinators, Counsellors, Instructors and support staff. This position involves staff supervision.
- Undergraduate degree or relevant experience in recreation management or camp programming desired
- A minimum of two years experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- MS Office experience (advanced excel and word)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including telephone and email correspondence
- Ability to maintain accurate records and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills, ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities and to meet deadlines
- Prior experience working with or supervising children
- Must hold a valid unrestricted driving license
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive issues with tact and discretion.
- Implement and execute the camp activity programme and ensure it is of highest quality
- Lead occasional camp facility tours for agents or parents
- Provide staff with direction in regards to student welfare and support
- Assist Camp Director with staff appraisals
- Produce reports as instructed by Head Office
- Be involved in the program when needed
- Assist in set up and closing of the camp location, including setup and re stocking & packing
- Submit final report & inventories of supplies at the end of the summer
- On Campus Activity Programming
- Coordinate and supervise all Activity Instructors and Life Guards for daily activities (ex. athletics)
- Ensure Conversation Club is executed as directed by Head Office
- Monitors staff execution of evening Conversation Club
- Create and execute all evening programming (ex. Disco night, Talent Show, Amazing Race)
- Responsible for all camper activity sign up including Sunday Options
- Briefs staff daily for upcoming on campus programming & leads other meetings as required
- Generate enthusiasm amongst the staff for programmed activities
- Oversee and ensure proper execution of night duty
- Provide purchase order, receipts and detailed records of camps program expenditures