Senior Counsellors are responsible for ensuring all camp programming is of high quality, is executed safely and meets directives from Tamwood Head Office. This position is responsible for direct supervision of General Counsellors.
Senior Counsellors report directly to the Camp Director and indirectly to On Campus and Off Campus Coordinators and to Head Office, also works in collaboration with the Office Administrator, Activity Instructors and support staff.
- College diploma or undergraduate degree studies (Human Kinetics, Education or Recreation Management) or 2 - 3 years relevant experience
- Experience with teaching or coaching children ages 7 to 17
- A minimum of two years experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- MS Office experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including telephone and email correspondence
- Ability to maintain accurate records and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills, ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities and to meet deadlines
- Must be 21 or older and hold a valid unrestricted driving license
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive issues with tact and discretion.
- Executes the camp activity programme and ensure it is of highest quality
- Responsible for the overall safety and supervision of campers and the adherence to the daily schedule
- Acts as a liaison between Camp Administration and General Counsellors
- Acts as the Trip Point person for all off campus excursions and evening programs
- Supervises the delivery of Conversation Club Curriculum by General Counsellors
- Ensures that all supplies needed for programming are ordered and available for use
- Assists with camper arrival and departure procedures
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of weekly camp program calendar
- Site checks daily activities
- Attends all meetings as required
- Promotes the English Only Policy
- Administers First Aid as required
- Completes of accident, incident and discipline report forms as needed.
- Drives camp vehicles as required
- Leads occasional camp facility tours for agents or parents
- Provides staff with direction in regards to student welfare and support
- Assists Camp Director with staff appraisals
- Produces reports as instructed by Head Office
- Attends all meals and supervises General Counsellors during meal times
- Actively participates in pre and post camp periods
- Wears Camp t-shirt at all times while on duty
- Submits final report & final evaluation at the end of the summer
- Performs other duties as needed
- Helps to execute all evening programming (ex. Disco night, Talent Show, Amazing Race)
- Briefs staff daily for upcoming on campus programming & leads other meetings as require
- Generates enthusiasm amongst the staff and campers for programmed activities
- Manages the execution of night duty