Future of Work: Entrepreneurship, Innovation, & Career Planning
The world of work is rapidly changing. In fact, many of the jobs that will be around in the future do not even exist yet. The Future of Work program is for teens who want to get a step ahead in learning about the world of work and the industries that are leading in creativity and innovation. Meet with business owners and executives to hear their success stories and receive support from our skilled staff as you begin to build your future.
Campers will become “global citizens” who have an international understanding of the world of business, strengthened English and communication skills, as well as strong core values to guide them in their future business and personal endeavours.
This program consists of 20 x 45 minute English lessons per week (with max. 20 students per class), weekly visits to businesses and industry professionals, and visits to universities and colleges offering training in new career fields. This includes professional instruction in career planning, an introduction to entrepreneurship through an experiential business startup project, fun and educational cultural events, sightseeing and social activities, as well as organized instruction in a range of sports, creative, and cultural activities.
Above is an example schedule of Week 1 of the Teen Future of Work (Vancouver) calendar. All excursions & evening programs are subject to change due to weather & availability. Conversation Club may be cancelled due to late return from excursions or schedule constraints.
For all schedules, click here.
With this program, you will…
- • Work on the ability to identify and define core values, personal mission/purpose, and skills
- • Learn how to design a business idea, test and pitch it
- • Gain knowledge of alternative career fields, such as Human Resources, Sales, Film, Animation/Game Design, Computer Programming, Coding and Sustainability
- • Improve oral and written communication language skills with a focus on English for post-secondary studies
- • Gain leadership and teamwork skills in an interactive and challenging environment
- • Make new international friends and develop cross-cultural communication skills for a global future
- • Enhance self-esteem, independence, and sense of responsibility
- • Experience the North American culture firsthand
- • Have an amazing international experience!
Learn More About The Program
Starting from $1,058 CAD per week
Tamwood Camps programs are all-inclusive so you won’t have to worry about extra or hidden costs. However, optional add-ons include extra days, off-hours transfer, and unaccompanied minor pick-up.
All our camp programs include:
• Accommodation (Residence or Homestay)*
• Full-Board (3 meals a day)*
• Airport pick-up and drop-off*
• Trained Tamwood staff
• All Activity Fees
• Travel Health Insurance
• End of Course Certificate
Get a price quote now by clicking on the button at the bottom of this page or, talk to one of our camp experts for more information about each program.
*Except for self-arranged accommodation
Ages: 13-17 Years
English Level: High Intermediate to Advanced. You should be open to learning in an intercultural environment and motivated to use English with our camp team leaders and their peers. Language of instruction will be in English only.
Documents: You must have a valid passport and be eligible to enter Canada as a tourist. They’ll either need a tourist visa, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or in some cases, only their passport. Check with travel authorization your child needs here.
Features & Activities
Campers take part in activities both on and off campus. Activities offered are structured so campers learn new skills and improve existing skills under the organized coaching and leadership of trained Tamwood staff.
Activities vary by campus and by week and may include:
Arts & Crafts
& Many More!
Note that all activities are “English Only”
- • Gender and age-based shared bedrooms/bathrooms
- • Full-Board: 3 meals a day (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)
- • Live-in Tamwood staff and campus security
- • Wireless internet in each room and common area
- • Weekly laundry service
- • Only lunch included (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)
- • Carefully screened, English-speaking homestay families
- • Gender and age-based shared bedrooms / bathrooms
- • Full-Board: 3 meals a day (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full day excursions)
- • Wireless internet available