Do you love the outdoors and want to learn more about leadership and life skills while exploring the breathtaking nature of Canada’s West? With Tamwood’s Outdoor Leadership program you’ll join a small group of teens from around the world who are ready for more than what a standard camp offers. As you experience exciting, adventure-packed activities, you will learn skills such as leadership, teamwork, personal responsibility, and safety procedures. Your camp program also includes overnight backpacking in world-renowned national parks in the British Columbia Coastal Mountains!
This program consists of leadership classes, learning activities, and 3-day (bi-weekly) guided outback camping trips. This includes sightseeing adventures, social activities, excursions and cultural events, as well as professional instruction in adventure sports and leadership.
Above is an example schedule of Week 1 of the Teen Outdoor Leadership (Whistler) calendar. All excursions & evening programs are subject to change due to weather & availability. Conversation Club may be cancelled due to late return from excursions or schedule constraints.
For all schedules, click here.
With this program you will…
- • Learn fun skills like how to kayak, rock climb, whitewater paddle, backpack, navigate, and mountain bike
- • Gain leadership and teamwork skills in an interactive and challenging environment
- • Develop valuable soft skills, including decision making, safety and risk management, time management, goal setting and many more!
- • Increase English language skills and gain fluency and confidence in using English on a daily basis
- • Make new international friends and develop cross-cultural communication skills for global future
- • Enhance self-esteem, independence and sense of responsibility
- • Experience the North American nature and culture firsthand
- • Have an amazing international experience!
Learn More About The Program
Starting from $954 CAD per week
Tamwood Camps programs are all-inclusive so you won’t have to worry about extra or hidden costs. However, optional add-ons include extra days, off-hours transfer, and unaccompanied minor pick-up.
All our camp programs include:
• Accommodation (Residence or Homestay)*
• Full-Board (3 meals a day)*
• Airport pick-up and drop-off*
• Trained Tamwood staff
• All Activity Fees
• Travel Health Insurance
• End of Course Certificate
Get a price quote now by clicking on the button at the bottom of this page or, talk to one of our camp experts for more information about each program.
*Except for self-arranged accommodation
Ages: 13-17 Years
English Level: Low Intermediate to Advanced. You should be open to learning in an intercultural environment and motivated to use English with our camp team leaders and their peers. Language of instruction will be in English only.
Outdoors: You should enjoy the outdoors and be fit enough to carry a backpack while hiking.
Documents: You must have a valid passport and be eligible to enter Canada as a tourist. Will need a tourist visa, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or in some cases, just a passport. Check which travel authorization you will need here.
Features & Activities
Campers take part in activities both on and off campus. Activities offered are structured so campers learn new skills and improve existing skills under the organized coaching and leadership of trained Tamwood staff.
Activities vary by campus and by week and may include:
& Many More!
Note that all activities are “English Only”
- • Gender and age-based shared bedrooms/bathrooms
- • Full-Board: 3 meals a day (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)
- • Live-in Tamwood staff and campus security
- • Wireless internet in each room and common area
- • Weekly laundry service
- • Only lunch included (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)