As Robotics and Automation have become increasingly prevalent in all aspects of our world, understanding the fundamental concepts of mechanical engineering will be very valuable. Everything from cars to smartphones and gaming consoles are tied to robotics and mechanical engineering. This program uses the VEX Robotics System which offers teens an exciting platform for learning about career opportunities spanning science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
Students will tour the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.) and Harvard, two universities leading the industry in technology and entrepreneurship. To further develop their knowledge and understanding of robotics, students will enjoy a robotics engineering workshop hosted by M.I.T.
Whether you dream of becoming a hardware designer at Apple or an aerospace technician at NASA, this program is the stepping-stone to an amazing career!
This program consists of 20 x 45 minute Robotics lessons per week and weekly Robotics Skills Workshops at M.I.T. This includes developing leadership skills through programming, fun and educational cultural events, sightseeing and social activities, as well as organized instruction in a range of sports, creative, and cultural activities.
Above is an example schedule of Week 1 of the Teen Robotics (Boston) calendar. All excursions & evening programs are subject to change due to weather & availability. Conversation Club may be cancelled due to late return from excursions or schedule constraints.
For all schedules, click here.
With this program, you will…
- • Gain valuable skills in robotics and STEM
- • Acquire leadership and teamwork skills through a supportive group setting
- • Develop cross-cultural communication skills for your global future
- • Enhance your self-esteem, independence, and sense of responsibility
- • Improve your skills in setting and achieving measurable goals
- • Experience the North American culture firsthand
- • Have an amazing international experience!
Learn More About The Program
Starting from $1,058 CAD per week
Tamwood Camps programs are all-inclusive so you won’t have to worry about extra or hidden costs. However, optional add-ons include extra days, off-hours transfer, and unaccompanied minor pick-up.
All our camp programs include:
• Accommodation (Residence or Homestay)*
• Full-Board (3 meals a day)*
• Airport pick-up and drop-off*
• Trained Tamwood staff
• All Activity Fees
• Travel Health Insurance
• End of Course Certificate
Get a price quote now by clicking on the button at the bottom of this page or, talk to one of our camp experts for more information about each program.
*Except for self-arranged accommodation
Ages: 13-17 Years
English Level: Beginner to Advanced. You should be open to learning in an intercultural environment and motivated to use English with our camp team leaders and their peers. Language of instruction will be in English only.
STEM Skills: Beginner to Advanced.
Documents: Your child must have a valid passport and be eligible to enter Canada as a tourist. They’ll either need a tourist visa, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or in some cases, only their passport. Check with travel authorization your child needs here.
Features & Activities
Campers take part in activities both on and off campus. Activities offered are structured so campers learn new skills and improve existing skills under the organized coaching and leadership of trained Tamwood staff.
Activities vary by campus and by week and may include:
Arts & Crafts
& Many More!
Note that all activities are “English Only”
- • Gender and age-based shared bedrooms/bathrooms
- • Full-Board: 3 meals a day (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)
- • Live-in Tamwood staff and campus security
- • Wireless internet in each room and common area
- • Weekly laundry service
- • Only lunch included (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)