Youth Robotics (2023)
This fun and educational youth robotics camp inspires and challenges young minds. It offers an introduction to the fast-paced and ever-changing world of technology and the LEGO Robotics System. Send your child to robotics camp and provide them with the opportunity to learn about science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) in an interactive and rewarding environment. Beyond science, our Youth Robotics project also encourages teamwork, leadership and problem solving in a cross-cultural groups of students.
When not in class, students enjoy planned activities on campus as well as field trips to explore the wonderful city of San Francisco and the Silicon Valley—a world renowned “tech hub” and home of exciting and innovative tech companies such as Facebook, Instagram, Google, Apple, Netflix, and Yahoo.
This program consists of 20 x 45 minute Game Design & Coding lessons per week. This includes developing leadership skills through programming, fun and educational cultural events, sightseeing and social activities, as well as organized instruction in a range of sports, creative, and cultural activities.
Above is an example schedule of Week 1 of the Youth Robotics (Vancouver) calendar. All excursions & evening programs are subject to change due to weather & availability. Conversation Club may be cancelled due to late return from excursions or schedule constraints.
For all schedules, click here.
With this program, your child will…
- • Gain valuable skills in LEGO robotics and STEM
- • Acquire leadership and teamwork skills through a supportive group setting
- • Develop cross-cultural communication skills for their global future
- • Enhance their self-esteem, independence, and sense of responsibility
- • Improve their skills in setting and achieving measurable goals
- • Experience the North American culture firsthand
- • Have an amazing international experience!
Contact us for the most recent prices
Tamwood Camps programs are all-inclusive so you won’t have to worry about extra or hidden costs. However, optional add-ons include extra days, off-hours transfer, and unaccompanied minor pick-up.
All our camp programs include:
• Accommodation (Residence or Homestay)*
• Full-Board (3 meals a day)*
• Airport pick-up and drop-off*
• Trained Tamwood staff
• All Activity Fees
• Travel Health Insurance
• End of Course Certificate
Get a price quote now by clicking on the button at the bottom of this page or, talk to one of our camp experts for more information about each program.
*Except for self-arranged accommodation
Ages: 11-14 Years
English Level: Beginner to Advanced. Your child should be open to learning in an intercultural environment and motivated to use English with our camp team leaders and their peers. Language of instruction will be in English only.
Programming Level: Beginner to Advanced.
Documents: Your child must have a valid passport and be eligible to enter Canada as a tourist. They’ll either need a tourist visa, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or in some cases, only their passport. Check with travel authorization your child needs here.
Vaccination Status: Every camper has to be fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to entry to Canada.
Features & Activities
Campers take part in activities both on and off campus. Activities offered are structured so campers learn new skills and improve existing skills under the organized coaching and leadership of trained Tamwood staff.
Activities vary by campus and by week and may include:
Arts & Crafts
& Many More!
Note that all activities are “English Only”
- • Gender and age-based shared bedrooms/bathrooms
- • Full-Board: 3 meals a day (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)
- • Live-in Tamwood staff and campus security
- • Wireless internet in each room and common area
- • Weekly laundry service
- • Only lunch included (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)