IELTS School, Course & Exams in Vancouver and Toronto
*For closed groups & private lessons only
Do you dream of attending a North American University, accelerating your career options, or immigrating to an English speaking country? Most North American universities and workplaces require IELTS exam results as a proof of English level, so testing well on these exams is essential for achieving your academic and career goals. Let us help you reach the highest possible success on your IELTS exam!
A strong emphasis is placed on test-taking strategies while improving your overall English skills in grammar, reading, writing, listening, and speaking – all mandatory parts of the IELTS exam.
You should take this course if:
- • Your English level is between intermediate and advanced
- • You want to improve your overall English fluency for academic or professional purposes
- • You want to have better university/college and career options
- • You want to get a high mark in the IELTS exam
- • You are ready to benefit from a strictly English-speaking environment – in school and outside
IELTS Course Breakdown
The course is comprehensive and academically rigorous. The classes focus on test preparation and a lot of time is spent on test strategies with weekly in-class practice tests and monthly mock exams. The course focuses on identifying weaknesses in your skills and building on those skills further. All exam preparation courses are taught by teachers specialized in teaching test preparation.
Schedule: The Vancouver and Toronto Day Time Schedule (28 Lessons/Week) is Monday to Thursday, 8:45 am to 2:15 pm and Friday, 8:45 am to 11:45 am.
Exams: Officially IELTS exams are held in test venues around Canada, dates are set by the IELTS organization. Students are responsible to cover the test fees and cost of transportation to and from the exam centre.
IELTS School and Course Outcomes
From this program, you will…
- • Gain fluency and confidence in using English on a daily basis and in an exam environment
- • Enlarge your vocabulary and increase your reading speed and listening comprehension
- • Learn the correct usage of English grammar in writing and speaking
- • Be well-prepared for all parts of the IELTS exam
- • Enhance your self-esteem, confidence and organizing ability
- • Make new international friends and develop intercultural awareness
- • Experience the North American culture firsthand
- • Have an amazing international experience!
A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of studies.
Progress at a rate of one level every 12 weeks. How? Find out more about our Tamwood Learning Guarantee.
Starting from $310 CAD per week
Optional add-ons include accommodation, airport transfers, and health insurance.
Get a price quote now by clicking on the button at the bottom of this page or talk to one of our consultants for more information about each course.
Age: By the time applicants plan to finish their program, they must be at least 17 years old to be eligible for the program at Vancouver Campus and at least 16 years old for Toronto Campus.
English Level: Intermediate to Advanced (Tamwood Level 4-7 or Higher, IELTS 4.5+)*. Available to students in Tamwood General English. You should be open to learning in an intercultural environment and motivated to use English with your teachers and peers. The language of instruction will be English only but staff are available for most common languages.
Documents: You must have a valid passport and be eligible to enter Canada as a tourist or as a student. For up to 6 months, you will need either a tourist visa, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), or in some cases, only your passport. For a program duration of longer than 6 months, you will have to apply for a study permit. Check with travel authorization you need here or get in touch with one of our consultants.
*Students will take a written and speaking test on their first day for suitable placement in classes.
English Acceleration Workshops (Toronto & Vancouver):
Every Friday afternoon you can participate in free interactive workshops designed to help you learn more quickly and improve your English knowledge and skills.
Workshop topics include:
✓ Back to basics
✓ Canadian Culture
✓ Confusing Words
✓ English Through Songs
✓ English Through TV
✓ Fun with Vocabulary
✓ Grammar Fun
✓ Power Speaking 1 & 2
✓ Pronunciation Practice
✓ Read & Discuss
✓ What does that say
If you study at Tamwood for more than 4 weeks, you can use our free personal coaching service. A teacher will work with you 1-on-1 to focus on your goals and help make a plan to achieve them through practice and exercises that you can do outside of class.
If you want to have housing arranged pre-departure for either the whole duration of your course or only the beginning, then you can book high-quality accommodation through Tamwood, view our price list here or get a quote by clicking the button at the bottom of this page.
- • Carefully screened, English-speaking homestay families
- • Fully furnished private rooms with either private or shared bathrooms
- • Three meal options: Full-Board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), Half-Board (breakfast and dinner), No Meals
- • High-speed wireless internet and laundry facilities available
- • Fully furnished shared or private bedrooms
- • Shared or private bathrooms
- • Fully equipped kitchens
- • Self-catering
- • High-speed wireless internet in each room and common area
- • Laundry facilities on-site
- • Central locations
Tamwood offers exciting experiences outside the classroom to help you discover Canada. Enjoy fun activities in and around Vancouver, Whistler, and Toronto with your new friends from around the world. You’ll take part in social events, sports and activities, sightseeing, spectator sports, cultural experiences, shopping, and dining.
Activities vary by campus and by week and may include:
Food & Fun
Festivals & Holidays
& Many More!
Students who want to improve their leadership skills can volunteer to become a Tamwood Ranger and help to lead Tamwood activities.