Are you ready for natural beauty and plenty of outdoor adventures? Vancouver is where you will find it!
As a Tamwood student in Vancouver, you can explore the city’s picturesque mountains, beaches, and parks. Vancouver is an amazing city for outdoor activities, with hiking, skiing, canoeing, and beach volleyball, all accessible by public transport. In addition to the beautiful environment, Vancouver also has a lively urban scene where you can enjoy music, art, and food from many different ethnicities, religions, and cultural groups. It will not take you long to understand why Vancouver is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most livable cities. If you want to see more of North America, Vancouver is a great starting point for travelling to the Rocky Mountains, Calgary, Seattle, and beyond.
- • Centrally located in downtown Vancouver
- • Close to major shopping and food malls and the waterfront for a quick and scenic lunch break
- • Walking distance to shopping, nightlife, major local transit stations, and many tourist attractions
- • Student lounge located within the school; cafes and shops in and surrounding the building
- • 25 student computers and free wireless
Our Vancouver campus is conveniently located in Downtown Vancouver with many restaurants and grocery stores within a short walking distance.
CF Pacific Centre: Shopping mall with a large food court is a 5 min walk away
International Food Fair: Food court with cheap take-out food from around the world, across the street from Tamwood
Waterfront Centre Food Court: Food court just two blocks from Tamwood with lots of seating and close to the water
• Carefully screened, English-speaking homestay families
• Fully furnished private rooms with either private or shared bathrooms
• Three meal options: Full-Board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), Half-Board (breakfast and dinner), No Meals
• High-speed wireless internet and laundry facilities available
• Fully furnished shared or private bedrooms
• Shared or private bathrooms
• Fully equipped kitchens
• High-speed wireless internet in each room and common area
• Laundry facilities on-site
• Central locations
Sea to Sky Highway
Head north from Vancouver on Highway 99 towards Whistler and enjoy one of the most scenic drives in all of North America! Beginning at sea level and winding along the shore of Howe Sound, the route offers spectacular ocean views, exciting outdoor destinations like the Sea to Sky Gondola, and famous hiking trails. From the cliffs at Whytecliff Park to the breathtaking turquoise colour of Garibaldi Lake – there is something for everyone to discover!
When first coming to Vancouver, you will certainly notice the city’s special layout – the Downtown area is actually a peninsula and fully surrounded by water. Adjacent to Downtown Vancouver, you’ll find Stanley Park, a sprawling urban park like no other! Renting a bike and riding the Seawall should be a must on your Vancouver bucket list, just like discovering its interior trails and cultural attractions on foot. Whether you want to watch Canadian sea life at the Vancouver Aquarium, take stunning shots of the Vancouver skyline, or dip into the heated 80-meter pool… spending a day at Stanley Park is always a great option!
If you are looking for a relaxed afternoon stroll with unique shopping opportunities, take the short ferry ride (called Aquabus) to Granville Island. Nowadays, the area is known for its distinctive atmosphere with artists and retailers offering their goods in converted warehouses, alongside houseboats, theaters, galleries, and breweries. Visit Granville Island Public Market for fresh fruits, vegetables, and seafood or other ready-to-eat delicacies.