Pre-Arrival Job Placement in Whistler
Partner with Tamwood to offer job placement BEFORE arrival for students applying to Tamwood Careers Whistler.
In Whistler only, Tamwood Careers offers students the option to apply for a job and secure an interview and job offer prior to arrival. This way you will know what job you will have, how much you will make, and where you will live before you travel to Whistler. Tamwood has partnered with some of the 5-star hotels in Whistler including the Four Seasons, the Pan Pacific, and the Westin Hotel. These hotels interview our job applicants and make offers for jobs that will be part-time hours for the study term (24 weeks) and then full-time hours for the co-op work term (24 weeks). All of the hotels offer staff housing and students who get jobs at the Four Seasons or the Pan Pacific can stay in their staff housing from the first day they arrive and through their entire program.
Contact us if you have questions about applying to Tamwood Careers Whistler.
Hospitality & Tourism
This workplace readiness program is designed for international students seeking training in and knowledge of transferable soft skills for the international or Canadian workplace. Students gain the essential industry knowledge and skills in customer service, hospitality, and tourism to allow them to be successful in entry to intermediate level positions in a broad range of related employment settings; for example, hotels, motels, resorts, restaurants, convention centres and on cruise ships.
Foundations of Food & Beverage
This comprehensive training program allows students to develop the knowledge, skills, and real-world training needed for careers in the fast-paced food and beverage industry. Learning occurs through a combination of lectures, practical application from industry experts in the field, and on-the-job training. Whether your interests are in the kitchen, front of house or associate and managerial roles, this program prepares you to enter the workforce and ensures you have the certifications and experience required for entry or mid-level service positions in Food and Beverage occupations at hotels, resorts, restaurants, convention centres and on cruise ships.
Co-Op Work Placement
The Diploma programs in Hospitality and Tourism, Food and Beverage, and Business include a CoOperative paid work term placement of 480 hours, which prepares you for a career in your chosen field. Co-Op positions are typically entry-level to get you working from the ground up. These paid work placements are available in: Vancouver, Whistler, Toronto and other areas in British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario.
Potential job opportunities for Tamwood Careers Whistler students
- House person/Housekeeping
- Guest Services Agent
- Kitchen – back of house (dishwashing, prep cook)
- Dining – front of house (Busser, Food Runner, Waiter/Waitress)
- Rooms Maintenance
- Golfer Services (summer season)/Ski Valet (winter season)
- Guest attendant
- Front Desk Attendant
Structure of Tamwood Careers Diploma Program with Jobs Placement
*Position offered will be subject to the needs of hotel, performance of employee on the job during study term, and skills of the employee including their English language skills.
Useful Tips on Resume/CV/Cover Letter/References
Preparing your resume for casual or part-time jobs, please focus on:
- Previous customer service experience
- Communication skills
- Personality traits: Outgoing, supportive, active listening, being well organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Speaking additional languages is considered an asset – List all of the languages that you speak in the LANGUAGE section on your resume
- Contact information – Name & Email address
- Profile section – this section should include your skills and personal traits (see above tips & resume sample)
- Work experience – listed from the most recent to the latest, including dates, and keep your responsibilities brief (3-5 bullet points)
- Education – IMPORTANT include Tamwood program as the most recent education
- It should answer the question ‘why do you want to work at a hotel’ and ‘do you have any relevant experience in customer service’
- Keep it short but highlight all important experiences
Ask someone you worked for or with, or your teacher, if you don’t have any previous work experience, to give you a letter of reference.
A brief statement that they know you, worked with you, and could tell your future employer a little about you as a person.
Our Partner Employers
Four Seasons Resort and Residence Whistler
Location of Four Seasons Whistler
Reasons to Work at Four Seasons Whistler
- Excellent training and development opportunities; if the student is looking for a long-term career, Four Seasons has opportunities after their first season, based on performance.
- STEPS – training specifically for students – gain insights from managers and an overview of the management structure at Four Seasons
- Access to affordable shared staff housing both on-site and off-site
- Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc;
- Complimentary meal per shift in the employee dining room,
- Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year;
Pan Pacific Whistler
Location of Pan Pacific Whistler
Reasons to Work at Pan Pacific Whistler
What is the Pan Pacific Whistler looking for in employees?
- Passionate and driven individuals that want to make the guest’s stay unforgettable.
- Experience is not required!
Why should someone interview/work with Pan Pacific Whistler?
- Pan Pacific Whistler has the best location Whistler has to offer; It is located right by the Whistler Mountain in the village so perfect for those of you who like skiing or mountain biking in the summer.
- Great development opportunities – staff can grow fast with the company.
- Properties across the world including Whistler, Vancouver, Toronto, London, United States, Japan, Vietnam, China, Singapore, Australia and many more!
What employee perks are there?
- Staff housing in the village when available
- $100 a month from your first day towards ski pass or any other wellness package (gym etc.)
- Complimentary night at the Pan Pacific in your first two months,
- F&B discounts at Earls, Dubh Lin Gate and more
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler
Location of The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler
Reasons to Work at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler
What is it like working for The Westin Resort & Spa Whistler?
Working at the Westin Resort & Spa Whistler is rewarding and fulfilling. They focus on their philosophy of “take care of our associates, and in turn they will take care of their guests”. The hotel is an advocate for diversity and equal opportunity. You will find their associates come from all different countries and backgrounds. Their leaders empower associates to make decisions and better themselves every day.