Six Reasons to Study in Tamwood Careers in Whistler
1. Students can do paid work for 48 weeks in the Diploma program (27 weeks in the Certificate program) – students work part-time for the first 24 weeks study term and full-time for the second 24 co-op work week term.
Certificate and Diploma programs available in Whistler:
• International Business and Management
• Essential Skills in Hospitality, Service and Tourism
• Foundations in Food and Beverage
2. Tamwood offers guaranteed Co-op Placement for all students in the Diploma programs.
“During my program, I earned seven certificates and learned from an amazing instructor. I doubt I would have had the confidence to get a job at the Four Seasons in Whistler without Tamwood .”
– Chia Ying, Taiwan, Diploma in Food and Beverage Co-op
3. There are more jobs than workers in Whistler so students get great jobs and earn an average hourly wage of $17/hour.
4. Most jobs include employment perks such as: Free ski pass / Staff housing / Staff Meals / Medical benefits / Wellness Allowance
5. Tamwood students have had successful placements with Whistler Blackcomb, Four Seasons Hotel, Fairmont Hotel, Hilton, Caramba, Araxi etc.
“I really loved studying in the Hospitality Program, so after I graduated I extended my stay so that I could study in the Food and Beverage Program. With my diplomas, I successfully found a job at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler.”
– Simone, Italy, Diploma in Food and Beverage Co-op & Diploma in Hospitality, Service and Tourism Co-op
6. Students can Study + Work + Ski/Snowboard from November to May and Study + Work + Hike/Mountain Bike in the summer. Students are eligible for the Tamwood Student Exclusive Season Lift Pass – a discounted pass that gives students unlimited access to all the lifts on both mountains.