Contact Us
  /  Blog   /  Where can I live when I get to Canada?
Where can I live when I get to Canada?

How can studying in Tamwood help me pursue my Permanent Residence in Canada?

“I am an international student in Canada. How can I apply to become a permanent resident?” The Canadian Government created a pathway to immigration through education in Canada!

There are several permanent resident categories that you may fit into, including the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program, and the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). If you want to work in Canada after you graduate from your studies, you must apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.

While we don’t help you directly with immigration or obtaining your permanent residence status, what we do help with is your journey to become a skilled worker via our career and education programs.

By studying at Tamwood Careers, you can apply for admission with advanced standing to one of our academic pathway partners. Under the block course transfer agreements that Tamwood has with several Canadian public colleges and universities, you can transfer some or all of the courses you took at Tamwood Careers to the partner institution thus saving you tuition fees and study time at the partner institution. On completion of your program at the pathway partner college/university, you will be eligible for a Post-Grad Work Permit (PGWP). While holding a PGWP, you can then go ahead and pursue a number of federal and provincial permanent residence avenues.

Contact us to learn more about how you can work and study in Canada with Tamwood.