8 Things to do in Winter in Toronto!
Winter in Toronto can be a magical time of the year with all the festivities, holiday lights, and snow-covered streets. If you’re looking for something to do, there are plenty of amazing activities to keep you entertained. From outdoor skating to scenic views and winter sports, there’s something for everyone. Here are 8 amazing activities to check out this winter in Toronto.
1. Skate at Nathan Phillips Square: This is a free outdoor skating rink located in the heart of Downtown Toronto
2. Visit Toronto Island: Visiting Toronto Island during the winter is another popular activity among locals and tourists. You can enjoy cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and ice fishing
3. Sled at Riverdale Park: Riverdale Park is a great location for sledding in Toronto, as it offers perfect slopes and beautiful skyline views
4. Enjoy the Toronto Lights Festival: The Distillery District is a popular destination for visitors to Toronto, and during the winter months, it plays host to a spectacular festival called “The Toronto Light Festival”, which takes place from January 17 until March 1
5. Catch a Hockey Game: Scotiabank Arena, home of the Toronto Maple Leafs, is a great place to catch a hockey game and experience the national winter sport of Canada. The arena offers a variety of seating options and amenities, and the energy and excitement of a live hockey game should be experienced at least once. Go Leafs!
6. Visit the Blue Mountain Resort: Blue Mountain Resort is a popular destination for winter sports enthusiasts. Located about two hours from Toronto, the resort offers a variety of activities including skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and more. It’s a perfect place to enjoy the winter season in Ontario
7. Buy the Toronto City Pass: If you want to see the best places in Toronto, buy the city pass to save money and have the opportunity to visit the CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, Casa Loma, Royal Ontario Museum, and Toronto Zoo or Ontario Science Centre.
8. Visit Niagara Falls: Don’t miss out on the opportunity to enjoy the most beautiful view in Niagara Falls, one of the most popular tourist destinations in Canada, and for good reason. The falls, which straddle the border between Ontario and New York, is a breathtaking natural wonder that should not be missed. There are no excuses to stay indoors this winter.
So, there you have it! 8 amazing activities to enjoy this winter in Toronto. From the heart of downtown to breathtaking natural wonders, the city offers a variety of experiences that are sure to make your winter unforgettable. So, grab your friends, bundle up, and head out to make some memories.