Summer Camp – Leaders in Training
Our Leaders in Training Program or Counselors in Training (LIT/CIT) is geared towards our oldest campers (age 15 to 17) who are interested in taking on a leadership role at camp. The LIT program is meant to lead the transition from child and camper to young adult and staff member. The program is the perfect blend of experiencing the challenges of participating in staff responsibilities while at the same time enjoying the fun of being a camper.
As young and aspiring leaders, our LITs will experience the delicate balance of training, skill development, personal growth, and mentorship; combined with a unique camper role ensuring that the summer will be one of the best they experience. All LITs will receive a Certificate of Completion, a Director’s review, and professional training.
- CIT/LITs work hands-on with our younger campers by assisting our counsellors with campers, learning to deal with different social, cultural, adjustment, and general welfare issues.
- CIT/LITs will have an opportunity to co-lead lessons in different activity areas, developing their own skills while learning to teach younger campers new skills.
- CIT/LITs are involved in general leadership training sessions presented by experienced camp leaders. These sessions focused on leadership theory and allow them to put it into practice when working with campers.
- Project time: Part of the day is spent planning and developing their own project based on their interests and working with the tools and technology at camp. Training and mentorship will be provided by our counselors.
- Legacy Project**: Each summer, the LIT/CIT group chooses and executes a few Legacy Projects that they plan and execute as a group. This project will be something they give back to Tamwood Camp and will have a lasting impact on future LIT/CIT campers.
With this program your child will…
- • Improve oral and written communication language skills with a focus on English for post-secondary studies
- • Gain leadership and teamwork skills in an interactive and challenging environment
- • Make new international friends and develop cross-cultural communication skills for global future
- • Further critical thinking and setting of measurable goals
- • Enhance self-esteem, independence and sense of responsibility
- • Experience the North American culture firsthand
- • Have an amazing international experience!
Tamwood Camps programs are all-inclusive so you won’t have to worry about extra or hidden costs. However, optional add-ons include extra days, off-hours transfer, and unaccompanied minor pick-up.
All our camp programs include:
• Accommodation – Residence*
• Full-Board (3 meals a day)*
• Airport pick-up and drop-off*
• Trained Tamwood staff
• All Activity Fees
• Travel Health Insurance
• End of Course Certificate
Get a price quote now by clicking on the button at the bottom of this page or, talk to one of our camp experts for more information about each program.
*Except for self-arranged accommodation
Ages: 15-17 Years
English Level: Upper-intermediate to Advanced. Your child should be open to learning in an intercultural environment and motivated to use English with our camp team leaders and their peers. Language of instruction will be in English only.
Documents: Your child must have a valid passport and be eligible to enter Canada as a tourist. They’ll either need a tourist visa, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or in some cases, only their passport. Check with travel authorization your child needs here.
Features & Activities
Campers take part in activities both on and off campus. Activities offered are structured so campers learn new skills and improve existing skills under the organized coaching and leadership of trained Tamwood staff.
Activities vary by campus and by week and may include:
Arts & Crafts
& Many More!
Note that all activities are “English Only”
- • Gender and age-based shared bedrooms/bathrooms
- • Full-Board: 3 meals a day (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)
- • Live-in Tamwood staff and campus security
- • Wireless internet in each room and common area
- • Weekly laundry service
- • Only lunch included (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)