Seniors English + Activity (Ages 15 – 17)
With the guidance of our skilled staff and coaches, students will find themselves expanding upon existing abilities, discovering new talents, and transforming themselves in ways you can barely imagine! The Tamwood Camp provides young people with a rich educational experience through English language classes, educational activities, cross-cultural living arrangements, leadership training and activities, and critical reflection.
Campers become “global citizens” who have an international understanding and perspective, stronger academic English and communication skills as well as the core life skills and competencies that will enable them to happily succeed in life, wherever they find themselves in the future.
This program consists of 20 x 45 minute English lessons per week. This includes developing leadership skills through programming, fun and educational cultural events, sightseeing and social activities, as well as organized instruction in a range of sports, creative, and cultural activities.
Above is an example schedule of Week 1 of the Seniors English + Activity (Vancouver) calendar. All excursions & evening programs are subject to change due to weather & availability. Conversation Club may be canceled due to late return from excursions or schedule constraints.
With this program your child will…
- • Improve oral and written communication language skills with a focus on English for post-secondary studies
- • Gain leadership and teamwork skills in an interactive and challenging environment
- • Make new international friends and develop cross-cultural communication skills for global future
- • Further critical thinking and setting of measurable goals
- • Enhance self-esteem, independence and sense of responsibility
- • Experience the North American culture firsthand
- • Have an amazing international experience!
Tamwood Camps programs are all-inclusive so you won’t have to worry about extra or hidden costs. However, optional add-ons include extra days, off-hours transfer, and unaccompanied minor pick-up.
All our camp programs include:
• Accommodation – Residence*
• Full-Board (3 meals a day)*
• Airport pick-up and drop-off*
• Trained Tamwood staff
• All Activity Fees
• Travel Health Insurance
• End of Course Certificate
Get a price quote now by clicking on the button at the bottom of this page or, talk to one of our camp experts for more information about each program.
*Except for self-arranged accommodation
Ages: 15-17 Years
English Level: Beginner to Advanced. Your child should be open to learning in an intercultural environment and motivated to use English with our camp team leaders and their peers. Language of instruction will be in English only.
Documents: Your child must have a valid passport and be eligible to enter Canada as a tourist. They’ll either need a tourist visa, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or in some cases, only their passport. Check with travel authorization your child needs here.
Features & Activities
Campers take part in activities both on and off campus. Activities offered are structured so campers learn new skills and improve existing skills under the organized coaching and leadership of trained Tamwood staff.
Activities vary by campus and by week and may include:
Arts & Crafts
& Many More!
Note that all activities are “English Only”
- • Gender and age-based shared bedrooms/bathrooms
- • Full-Board: 3 meals a day (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)
- • Live-in Tamwood staff and campus security
- • Wireless internet in each room and common area
- • Weekly laundry service
- • Only lunch included (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)