Teen Winter Camp in Vancouver
Experience Vancouver in the winter! While the city of Vancouver rarely gets snow (the average daytime temperatures range from 0-10° celsius) the mountains nearby get a lot of snow, making it the perfect spot to learn to ski or snowboard. The program offers English classes, sports, recreational and cultural activities and exciting excursions, including snow tubing, snowshoeing, and a day trip to Whistler. Accommodations include homestays, giving students the chance to experience life with a Canadian family.
Winter Camp Weekly Schedule
This program consists of 20 x 45 minute English lessons per week. This includes fun and educational cultural events, sightseeing and social activities, as well as organized instruction in a range of sports, creative, and cultural activities. Excursions include a full day sightseeing tour of Whistler and skiing/snowboarding at Grouse Mountain.
Above is an example schedule of Week 1 of the Teen Winter English + Activity (Vancouver) calendar. All excursions & evening programs are subject to change due to weather & availability. Conversation Club may be cancelled due to late return from excursions or schedule constraints.
For all schedules, click here.
With this program, you will…
- • Improve oral and written communication language skills with a focus on English for post-secondary studies
- • Improve skills in setting and achieving measurable goals
- • Make new international friends and develop intercultural awareness
- • Enhance self-esteem, independence, and sense of responsibility
- • Experience the North American culture firsthand
- • Have an amazing international experience!
Learn More About our Vancouver Winter Camp
Contact us for the most recent prices
Tamwood Camps programs are all-inclusive so you won’t have to worry about extra or hidden costs.
All our camp programs include:
• Accommodation (Residence or Homestay)*
• Full-Board (3 meals a day)*
• Airport pick-up and drop-off*
• Trained Tamwood staff
• All Activity Fees
• Travel Health Insurance
• End of Course Certificate
Get a price quote now by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page or, talk to one of our camp experts for more information about each program.
*Except for self-arranged accommodation
Ages: 12-18 Years
English Level: Beginner to Advanced. You should be open to learning in an intercultural environment and motivated to use English with our camp team leaders and their peers. Language of instruction will be in English only.
Documents: You must have a valid passport and be eligible to enter Canada as a tourist. They’ll either need a tourist visa, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or in some cases, only their passport. Check with travel authorization your child needs here.
Features & Activities
Campers take part in activities both on and off campus. Activities offered are structured so campers learn new skills and improve existing skills under the organized coaching and leadership of trained Tamwood staff.
Activities vary by campus and by week and may include:
Arts & Crafts
& Many More!
Note that all activities are “English Only”
- • Carefully screened, English-speaking homestay families
- • Gender and age-based shared bedrooms/bathrooms
- • Full-Board: 3 meals a day (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)
- • Wireless internet available
- • Only lunch included (lunch boxes or restaurant meals provided for full-day excursions)