The Business English Course allows for more fluency in professional work environments whether in speaking, writing, or reading. As a business student, recent graduate, business manager, employee, or executive, learn English and communication skills that will help you succeed in today’s global market.
The program is designed to enhance your language skills for use in your career or further studies. It aims to improve your ability to conduct business in English in an international environment. The course methodology features exercises, case studies, role play, and research. Visits to businesses may be arranged during the course.
You should take this course if:
- • Your English level is between pre-advanced and proficiency
- • You want to improve your English writing, presentation and communication skills in a business environment
- • You want to have better career options
- • You are ready to benefit from a strictly English-speaking environment (in-school and outside)
Topics that will be covered:
- • Management, communication, employee relations and negotiations
- • Corporate structures
- • Risk and crisis management
- • Workplace culture, meetings, presentations, reports, and communications
- • Cooperation, mergers, and acquisitions
From this program, you will…
- • Gain fluency and confidence in using English in a business setting
- • Enlarge your business vocabulary and improve your communication skills
- • Learn English business skills for written communication and oral presentations
- • Enhance your self-esteem, confidence, and organizing ability
- • Make new international friends and develop intercultural awareness
- • Experience the North American culture firsthand
- • Have an amazing international experience!
The certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of studies.
Starting from $320 CAD per week
Optional add-ons include accommodation, airport transfers, and health insurance.
Get a price quote now by clicking on the button at the bottom of this page or talk to one of our consultants for more information about each course.
Age: Minimum 19 years old before program start date
English Level: Business English is a Tamwood Level 10 course. Students must demonstrate the minimum English proficiency for this level on the Tamwood English Placement test taken by all students on their first day of classes. The English Placement Test is exempt if CEFR B1+, Academic IELTS 4.5, TOEFL 57, Duolingo 80, TOEIC 670, CELPIP 5, Tamwood Language Centre’s level 10 or ILAC’s level 10 is presented.
Documents: You must have a valid passport and be eligible to enter Canada as a tourist or as a student. For up to 6 months, you will need either a tourist visa, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), or in some cases, only your passport. For a program duration of longer than 6 months, you will have to apply for a study permit. Check with travel authorization you need here or get in touch with one of our consultants.
*Students will take a written and speaking test on their first day for suitable placement in classes.
English Acceleration Workshops (Toronto & Vancouver):
Every Friday afternoon you can participate in free interactive workshops designed to help you learn more quickly and improve your English knowledge and skills.
Workshop topics include:
✓ Back to basics
✓ Canadian Culture
✓ Confusing Words
✓ English Through Songs
✓ English Through TV
✓ Fun with Vocabulary
✓ Grammar Fun
✓ Power Speaking 1 & 2
✓ Pronunciation Practice
✓ Read & Discuss
✓ What does that say
If you study at Tamwood for more than 4 weeks, you can use our free personal coaching service. A teacher will work with you 1-on-1 to focus on your goals and help make a plan to achieve them through practice and exercises that you can do outside of class.
If you want to have housing arranged pre-departure for either the whole duration of your course or only the beginning, then you can book high-quality accommodation through Tamwood, view our price list here or get a quote by clicking the button at the bottom of this page.
- • Carefully screened, English-speaking homestay families
- • Fully furnished private rooms with either private or shared bathrooms
- • Three meal options: Full-Board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), Half-Board (breakfast and dinner), No Meals
- • High-speed wireless internet and laundry facilities available
- • Fully furnished shared or private bedrooms
- • Shared or private bathrooms
- • Fully equipped kitchens
- • Self-catering
- • High-speed wireless internet in each room and common area
- • Laundry facilities on-site
- • Central locations
Tamwood offers exciting experiences outside the classroom to help you discover Canada. Enjoy fun activities in and around Vancouver, Whistler, and Toronto with your new friends from around the world. You’ll take part in social events, sports and activities, sightseeing, spectator sports, cultural experiences, shopping, and dining.
Activities vary by campus and by week and may include:
Food & Fun
Festivals & Holidays
& Many More!