Are you looking for a more individual classroom environment? Then one-on-one or one-on-two lessons might be a great option to personalize your learning experience with Tamwood.
With private tuition, a Tamwood instructor can customize lessons to your personal language learning needs, such as focusing on specific vocabulary, skills, or interests. You can also accelerate your learning by combining afternoon/weekend private lessons with morning group lessons. Private or semi-private tuition is especially popular with executives, professionals, and those with specific English learning goals.
If you are totally new to learning English, no worries! You can book private tuition on Level 1 and join our General English Course once you have reached Tamwood Level 2.
You should take this course if:
- • Your English level is between beginner and advanced
- • You want to improve your English skills as quickly as possible
- • You are looking for an individual and effective learning experience
- • You want to enhance your overall fluency for daily, academic or professional purposes
- • You use English in a variety of settings and want to improve your reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills
- • You have specific learning goals
- • You are ready to benefit from a strictly English-speaking environment (in-school and outside)
From this program, you will…
- • Gain fluency and confidence in using English on a daily basis in speaking and writing
- • Enlarge your vocabulary and increase your reading speed and comprehension
- • Learn the correct usage of English grammar in writing and speaking
- • Enhance your self-esteem, confidence, and organizing ability
- • Make new international friends and develop intercultural awareness
- • Experience the North American culture firsthand
- • Have an amazing international experience!
A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of studies.
Progress at a rate of one level every 12 weeks. How? Find out more about our Tamwood Learning Guarantee.
Private Lessons: $85 CAD per hour
Semi-Private Lessons (2-4 Students): $55 CAD per hour
Optional add-ons include accommodation, airport transfers, and health insurance.
Get a price quote now by clicking the button at the bottom of this page or talk to one of our consultants for more information about each course.
Age: Minimum 16 Years in Whistler & Toronto, 17 Years in Vancouver
English Level: Beginner to Advanced (Tamwood Level 1 or Higher)*. You should be open to learning in an intercultural environment and motivated to use English with your teachers and peers. The language of instruction will be English only but staff are available for most common languages.
Documents: You must have a valid passport and be eligible to enter Canada as a tourist or as a student. For up to 6 months, you will need either a tourist visa, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), or in some cases, only your passport. For a program duration of longer than 6 months, you will have to apply for a study permit. Check with travel authorization you need here or get in touch with one of our consultants.
*Students will take a written and speaking test on their first day for suitable placement in classes.
English Acceleration Workshops (Toronto & Vancouver):
Every Friday afternoon you can participate in free interactive workshops designed to help you learn more quickly and improve your English knowledge and skills.
Workshop topics include:
✓ Back to basics
✓ Canadian Culture
✓ Confusing Words
✓ English Through Songs
✓ English Through TV
✓ Fun with Vocabulary
✓ Grammar Fun
✓ Power Speaking 1 & 2
✓ Pronunciation Practice
✓ Read & Discuss
✓ What does that say
If you study at Tamwood for more than 4 weeks, you can use our free personal coaching service. A teacher will work with you 1-on-1 to focus on your goals and help make a plan to achieve them through practice and exercises that you can do outside of class.
If you want to have housing arranged pre-departure for either the whole duration of your course or only the beginning, then you can book high-quality accommodation through Tamwood, view our price list here or get a quote by clicking the button at the bottom of this page.
- • Carefully screened, English-speaking homestay families
- • Fully furnished private rooms with either private or shared bathrooms
- • Three meal options: Full-Board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), Half-Board (breakfast and dinner), No Meals
- • High-speed wireless internet and laundry facilities available
Tamwood offers exciting experiences outside the classroom to help you discover Canada. Enjoy fun activities in and around Vancouver, Whistler, and Toronto with your new friends from around the world. You’ll take part in social events, sports and activities, sightseeing, spectator sports, cultural experiences, shopping, and dining.
Activities vary by campus and by week and may include:
Food & Fun
Festivals & Holidays
& Many More!
Students who want to improve their leadership skills can volunteer to become a Tamwood Ranger and help to lead Tamwood activities.