North Island College
Study at Tamwood and Transfer up to 18 Tamwood credits to North Island College
All North Island College programs are eligible for Post-Graduate Work Permit and provide an opportunity for students to stay and work in Canada after graduation.
Comox is a small community offering an outdoor lifestyle and affordable living for international students. Vancouver Island is in 1.4 hours by ferry from Vancouver City, and students can enjoy a big city on weekends or during vacation.
Tamwood Academic Pathways with North Island College allows students to complete a Tamwood Digital Skills Diploma and gain admission with advanced standing to NIC. Also, students can then transfer their Tamwood credits to reduce their course load, study time, and fees for study Communication Design or Web & Mobile Application Development at North Island College.”
North Island College Campus Location
Comox Valley (main): 2300 Ryan Road, Courtenay, BC, V9N 8N6, Canada
Academic Pathways Options
Tamwood students can transfer their Tamwood credits to NIC School of Digital Design & Development.
NIC - School of Digital Design & Development
Communication Design Diploma
- Up to 15 credits for graduates of Tamwood’s Web Developer Co-op Diploma programs.
- Up to 6 credits for graduates of Tamwood’s UI Designer Co-op Diploma programs.
- Up to 6 credits for graduates of Tamwood’s UX Designer Co-op Diploma programs.
Web and Mobile Application Development Diploma
- Up to 18 credits for graduates of Tamwood’s Web Developer Co-op Diploma programs.
Required English Level for Admission to North Island College
NIC English Requirements:
Students must meet full admission requirements including English at the time of application. If the English requirement is not met, there is an option to take an internal English test at NIC. Please contact Tamwood Pathway Department for more details.
- IELTS 6.0 (no band below 5.5)
- TOEFL IBT 80 (no subsection below 19)
Read More about the Tamwood Programs that Transfer into NIC:
North Island College Tuition fees
The Tamwood pathway team is ready to support all Tamwood students by providing help with admissions and course registration for FREE.
Tamwood Academic Pathway partners can be booked before or after students arrive in Canada but we recommend applying no later than 3 months before the end of Your Tamwood program so you have enough time for visa processing or other arrangements, and so partner programs are still available. Below are the steps you need to take to complete the application.
1. Book and pay Tamwood Career Program.
2. Apply through Tamwood Pathway Department. Wait about 2-4 weeks.
3. Receive the letter of offer and pay the deposit.
4. Complete the Tamwood Career program and apply for a credit transfer through Tamwood Pathway Department at least 6 weeks before the term start date. Tamwood team will send the original transcripts to North Island College. Students will receive proof of a credit transfer from the college directly.
5. Receive the Letter of Acceptance and apply for a Study Permit.
Admissions: will close once the enrollment capacity of each program is reached. It is highly recommended to apply at least 4 months in advance.
Scholarships: check deadlines for each bursary/award/scholarship on the website.