Contact Us

Visa Information

Tourist Visa

For: Tamwood Language Centres & Tamwood Camps

If your child is taking part in one of our Tamwood Camps, they may need a visitor’s visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) depending on their country of citizenship.

If you are going to be a student at Tamwood and studying for less than 6 months, you may need a visitor’s visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) depending on which country you are from.

However, we strongly recommend applying for a study permit, even if you are studying for less than 6 months.

Please check Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for more information.

Study Permit

For: Tamwood Language Centres & Tamwood Careers

International students, who are studying for more than 6 months require a valid study permit issued by IRCC to attend classes. Even if you are studying for less than 6 months, we highly recommend applying for a study permit.

To apply for a study permit, you will need:

1. A Letter of Acceptance from Tamwood with our DLI Number.
2. A valid passport
3. Proof that you can financially support yourself while studying in Canada, and any family member that comes with you (you find more information here).
4. A medical exam (if required)
5. Biometrics

Please visit the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration website to learn more about eligibility requirements and application procedures.

Off-Campus Work Rights: (for Tamwood Careers students only)
Your study permit will state that if you are eligible to work off-campus for up to 20 hours a week during your study terms and full-time while you are on your study term breaks.

Work Permit*

For: Tamwood Careers

For Career programs that include a Co-Operative work term or work practicum, international students are required to obtain a study permit, as well as a work permit.

You can apply for the work permit on the study permit application. You must indicate on your study permit application that work is a necessary part of your program and submit a letter from Tamwood Careers confirming this. You cannot start your Co-Op work term until you have presented your valid work permit.

*Please note the work experience on this work permit does not count towards your 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada required to apply for the Canadian Experience Class (Express Entry) immigration route.

Working Holiday Visa (Open Work Permit)

For: Go International

Canada has agreements with 34 countries as part of the International Experience Canada program. As a citizen of one of those countries, you are able to apply in the Working Holiday (open work permit), Young Professional (employer-specific), or International Co-op (internship) category – depending on your country of citizenship.

This will provide you with the opportunity to live and work in Canada for 6, 12, or 24 months.

Tamwood’s subsidiary GO International is a designated Recognized Organization of the Government of Canada’s International Experience Canada program.

Find out here if you are eligible for the International Experience Canada program and check out GO International’s website for more information on the Canada Working Holiday Program.

Have questions regarding Visa’s?